Living in Mississauga, there’s never an excuse to be bored – especially during the summertime. With Celebration Square’s lineup of activities and events, the challenge isn’t what to do this summer – it’s trying to figure out which of the many Square’s events to attend! Check out the list below for the amazing lineup of summer festivities that are coming up at Celebration Square.
Get ready to enjoy endless summer fun with Celebration Square’s kick-off event! Enjoy entertainment provided by Xtreme Bike Show, Make Believe Theatre and Elevate: A Cirque Production. Roaming stilt walkers, music noisemaking stations, giant floor pianos, airbrush face painting and an interactive Silly Putty Making station will keep the entire family busy.
Hungry? Choose your favourite food at one of the many food trucks or at the mini Lion’s Club Farmer’s Market.
Eating fresh and shopping local is easy this summer! Visit the MCLC Farmers Market most Wednesdays to purchase the finest local fruits and vegetables, homemade preserves, baked goods, and wine. The best part? This Lions Farmers Market supports many Mississauga and global projects.
Enjoy free, one-hour Zumba, bootcamp and yoga classes most Wednesday evenings. Led by Fresh Air Fitness, the classes are suitable for all fitness levels and abilities and will include modifications.
Watching movies outdoors under the stars with family and friends – what a great way to spend an evening!
With a full lineup of classics, family favourites and blockbuster hits, these movie nights are suitable for all members of the community. Closed captioning and pathways throughout the event are available to assist attendees with disabilities.
Cultural Festivals (Various dates and times)
Like other years, Celebration Square has an entire line-up of cultural festivals each featuring their own unique foods, entertainment and shopping:
- Vesak: Buddha’s Birthday Celebration 2019 (Sunday, May 26)
- Mississauga Ukrainian Festival (Saturday, June 1)
- Mississauga Polish Days Festival (Saturday, June 8)
- Mississauga Halal Food Festival (Friday, June 14 – Saturday, June 15)
- TD IRIE Music Festival (Friday, June 21 and Saturday, June 22)
- Canada Day Celebration 2019 (Monday, July 1)
- Philippine Festival Mississauga (Saturday, July 6 – Sunday, July 7)
- Egyptian Coptic Festival (Saturday, July 13)
- Mississauga Latin Festival (Friday, August 2 – Sunday, August 4)
- TD Mosaic Festival/South Asian Festival of Mississauga (Friday, August 9 – Saturday, August 10)
- Pakistan’s Independent Day Festival (Sunday, August 11)
- Mississauga ITALFEST (Friday, August 16 – Saturday, August 17)
- Japan Festival Canada 2019 (Saturday, August 24 – Sunday, August 25)
- MuslimFest 2019 (Friday, August 30 – Sunday, September 1)
BollywoodMonster Mashup 2019 (Friday, July 19 – Saturday, July 20)
This one-of-a-kind festival provides an opportunity to watch international Bollywood stars sing and dance. Interested in learning how to Bollywood dance yourself? Free classes will be offered throughout the event! This festival is suitable for the entire family to enjoy and offers plenty of food and shopping, too.
STIHL TIMBERSPORTS Series (Thursday, July 25 – Saturday, July 27)
Watch seasoned lumberjacks compete with other locals to be the best in the logging profession! This national tour features competitions across the country including this one at Celebration Square.
Make Believe Theatre (Tuesdays in August from 6:30pm – 7:00pm)
From The Berenstein Bears to Beauty and the Beast, your favourite children’s stories will come to life on stage every Tuesday evening in August.
Amphitheatre Unplugged (Wednesdays in August from 8:00pm – 10:30pm)
At the Square’s open mic nights, share your own talents – or simply relax and listen to others! For those wishing to perform, sign up online.
Stay Across the Street at Platinum Suites Conveniently located directly across from Celebration Square is Platinum Suites. Pre-book a stay at one of the best furnished apartments for rent in Mississauga and enjoy all that the city has to offer this summer! Contact us today for more details.
By Sarah McKenzie